Make a radio programme, no experience necessary!
Calling all wannabe radio talent! Join us and learn from a BBC radio producer and journalist how to make your own radio programme – we’ll teach you the tricks of the trade and how to make radio like a pro!
You’ll make a radio show using state-of-the-art equipment and will be able to earn awards in radio production for taking part. The radio programme will be about mental health, but you can feel free to make it about anything you like within that topic – whatever you think is important!
These two hour workshops will involve a series of sessions on:
- Creating radio content
- Recording broadcast material
- Editing show segments
- Reviewing work
- Broadcasting the completed show to an online audience and listening group at SoapBox.
Workshop Themes/ Topics:
The theme and format for the broadcast will be chosen by young people, supported by a trained and current BBC Radio Producer.
Topics covered will include:
- Explore issues around mental health
- Research what makes ‘good’ radio
- Support in writing broadcast copy
- Source interesting material, relevant guests, supporting evidence etc
- Industry standard techniques for recording, editing and broadcasting
- Promote radio content
- Review and evaluate a broadcast
These workshops are open to all young people aged between 13 and 25 years old.