Tuesday 16:00 — 18:00
Save your hardware, gadgets and tech instead of throwing it out
The Makerspace Workshops encourage you to think about the possibility of saving your hardware, gadgets and tech instead of throwing it out because it doesn’t work.
Take a stance on saving the environment, take time to figure out whether a piece of technology can be saved and fix your equipment.
Two hour workshops finding out how advanced technology works, with simplicity and easability in mind;
- How to do basic problem solving relating to technology;
- Receive information, advice and guidance on how to repair technology;
- Consider the positive environmental impact of salvaging technology;
- share learning with their peers, alongside helping each other.
Workshop Themes/ Topics:
Each of these weekly workshops will be themed around specific areas:
- exploring the key components in technology
- Examining the different techniques required to repair different technologies
- how to use Agile Processes to try out ideas and find new more efficient ways of problem solving and fixing
- where to get advice when unsure, for instance useful websites, common problems and other resources
- developing a sense of creativity and confidence in the world of technology
This is open to all young people aged between 13 and 25 years old.
For more information, please contact Lucas